Christmas Cheer!!

Hello Everyone,

It's that time of year again!  Time to start decorating for Christmas.  We've already gone ahead and done the front of the house.  We try to do something different each year.  Last year we framed the house with those icicle lights and had a lighted reindeer and Christmas tree.  We also hung a very large wreath on the front porch railing.

This year we did things a little differently.  We still added the lighted reindeer except now we have two!  We also did two white lighted Christmas trees.  There is still a wreath on the front of the porch.  We've added the multi-colored swirling dots to the front.  We have the portrait of Santa reflected on our garage with images of presents, HoHo and snowflakes dancing around him!  It really does look cool!!

This coming weekend, we will work on the inside.  My son can't wait to decorate the tree.  This time I am going to let him string the lights as well.  I have new decorations for the tree and also for the rest of the house.  It is going to be so much fun as we unpack everything and really make it feel like the holidays.  We have a lot of work to do but it will be well worth it.  I love the mix of colors with the red, green, gold and silver.  It really does make it feel magical...like being a kid again.  I love that feeling of going back in time and remembering how good it felt and cozy to be around family.

Pretty soon we will be in the kitchen baking cookies.  Sugar are his favorite.  Making snowmen, Santa, candy canes and reindeer shapes.  Decorating with frosting and sprinkles, getting them everywhere and not making a big deal out of it.  Spending time together and making memories that will last forever.

I hope that you get the chance to decorate and cherish those moments with those that you love.  Feel free to send pictures of your decorations.  I would be glad to share them.  I'll be posting ours when we are finished.

Till next time...Lisa


Comments

Popular Posts