Keeping Up
Hello Everyone,
I know it's been a few days but have been under the weather. Doing better today. I've been thinking about how to celebrate the holidays but still manage to clear away the clutter at the same time. During this time of year it's hard for me because I just want to relax and enjoy this season with my family without the stress of having to do the daily chores. I plod through it knowing that no matter what, it has to be done anyway. Realizing that has helped so that I keep up with it and not let it pile up. Besides, I do so love to decorate for the holidays. It brightens up my home as well as my attitude.
I know I've mentioned this before, but as I was cleaning out a few places around my house, I noticed there were a lot of little knick-knacks and bric-a-brac I wasn't using. Well...now I'm using them. You always say to yourself, "I'll use it when company comes over" or "I'll use it next year". Most of time, I forget, and it gets pushed back further into the closet or drawer. I am now bringing those things forward and using them. I am no longer going to be a pack rat. I've just gotten into the mode that less is more. I don't like moving things from one place to another and not using it. My philosophy is, if I haven't used it in a year, I'm either going to give it away or throw it away. I don't accept items from anyone anymore unless I know I'm going to use it.
Letting unnecessary items pile up can be very distracting and stressful. I know myself that I will constantly think about it, however subconsciously, until I do something about it. So, no more putting it off, just get down to business and take care of it. Becoming more organized has helped a lot and helps me to see just what else needs to be done. Whether it's painting a room over again, just because it's been awhile and needs a refresh or there is an actual repair that needs to be done and can now see it clearly. Getting clutter out of the way does require a lot of discipline but if you catch it early and keep up with it, it's not that difficult. It took me a long time to get there but I find I am doing much better at it and continue to grow every day. I like this new me and I can focus more on my family and my son and be a better mom.
As always, trying to stay focused and clear-headed.
Till next time...Lisa
I know it's been a few days but have been under the weather. Doing better today. I've been thinking about how to celebrate the holidays but still manage to clear away the clutter at the same time. During this time of year it's hard for me because I just want to relax and enjoy this season with my family without the stress of having to do the daily chores. I plod through it knowing that no matter what, it has to be done anyway. Realizing that has helped so that I keep up with it and not let it pile up. Besides, I do so love to decorate for the holidays. It brightens up my home as well as my attitude.
I know I've mentioned this before, but as I was cleaning out a few places around my house, I noticed there were a lot of little knick-knacks and bric-a-brac I wasn't using. Well...now I'm using them. You always say to yourself, "I'll use it when company comes over" or "I'll use it next year". Most of time, I forget, and it gets pushed back further into the closet or drawer. I am now bringing those things forward and using them. I am no longer going to be a pack rat. I've just gotten into the mode that less is more. I don't like moving things from one place to another and not using it. My philosophy is, if I haven't used it in a year, I'm either going to give it away or throw it away. I don't accept items from anyone anymore unless I know I'm going to use it.
Letting unnecessary items pile up can be very distracting and stressful. I know myself that I will constantly think about it, however subconsciously, until I do something about it. So, no more putting it off, just get down to business and take care of it. Becoming more organized has helped a lot and helps me to see just what else needs to be done. Whether it's painting a room over again, just because it's been awhile and needs a refresh or there is an actual repair that needs to be done and can now see it clearly. Getting clutter out of the way does require a lot of discipline but if you catch it early and keep up with it, it's not that difficult. It took me a long time to get there but I find I am doing much better at it and continue to grow every day. I like this new me and I can focus more on my family and my son and be a better mom.
As always, trying to stay focused and clear-headed.
Till next time...Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment