2018

Hello Everyone,

I can't get over how quickly 2017 has gone by.  It feels like I say that every year.  I'm sure most of you feel the same way.  We get bogged down with our daily chores and the fun times during the year fly by so fast.  I do my best to take photos during those moments so I never forget them.  Having a child or children does that.  I want my child to look back on these photos and remember that even though his parents were busy, they always took time to have fun with him and have new experiences with him.

Most of my year this year has been focusing on getting myself organized.  It has been too long in coming.  Even my son reminds me daily that I don't spend enough time with him.  It is not true, however, as I am spending more time with him.  I know all kids feel this way and it's not a guilt trip.  They just rely on us to keep them entertained and also need the reassurance that we are there for them.  I have no problem with fulfilling those needs.  I have just learned to better organize my time and wait until he is asleep to get my chores out of the way.  I have also stopped procrastinating.  I take of things as they come.  No more putting it off.  Time is short and I have a lot to do, but I am getting it done.

I want to have fun too.  That may sound selfish, but I don't want to wait until I am too old to enjoy it.  I don't want to spend my free time cleaning or doing paperwork.  I want to have fun with my family.  That has become so important to me as of late.  That is why I am working so hard now so I don't have to later.  There have been so many times in the past where I have looked at something and wondered why I didn't take care of it sooner.  Regrets are not something I want to keep piling on.  Satisfaction in improving my life, health and happiness are much more important.

That is my goal for this coming year, 2018.  By the time summer starts next year and my son is out for vacation, I am going to be able to enjoy it with him.  I will not be working hard everyday, but will be having fun everyday with him and making some fabulous memories.  I am so looking forward to this New Year.  I hope you are too and that whatever resolutions you make, they all work out for the best!

Till next time...Lisa

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

Comments

Popular Posts