Thoughts of Spring
Hello Everyone,
Not sure about you but I am so ready for Spring. Even though I really cannot complain because our winter has not been that bad, at least, not up until now. This month has been especially harsh. We have had two nor'easters in five days. People without power, not us fortunately, and those with downed trees either in their neighborhoods or their yards. I can tell you my son has been enjoying the unscheduled time off from school. He does not know it yet, but I'm sure he's going to be spending an extra day in school come June.
I have had Spring on my mind the past two months. Mostly because I have started my Spring cleaning already. I am ahead of schedule this year. I have become better at organizing my time and taking care of things as they happen and not putting them on the back-burner. That has hurt me in the past, no more. I want to be able to enjoy my evenings and my weekends. I am working really hard on being able to do that. So far, I have to say, it is working out pretty well. I am a lot less stressed because there is no clutter around. My mind is clearer and I can focus on the important issues that come up. It is really is true that the less "confused" your space is, the better you can think. I am finding that to be absolutely true!
Spring is so much like a rebirth. Not only in nature, which is beautiful in itself, but with yourself. I find that putting larger objects and issues in perspective and in smaller priorities, things can change for the better. I have hope and it's a kind of euphoria that I don't want to end. I am so satisfied with my progress that it is propelling me forward in ways I could not even imagine. If I were to tell you, you might laugh at me, but it really is the small things that matter the most.
For example, and I know I take a risk in even bringing this up because I know how silly it will sound, but, here goes. I have this small space on my counter in the kitchen that is above a single cabinet next to the stove. There has been a pile of "stuff" on it for quite awhile. I have been meaning to attack it and reminded myself every day. Well, you know how the story goes, I never kept getting to it. Finally, today, I got to it. Even had my son help because half of it was his. Believe it or not, it only took a half hour to get it cleaned off. Now, there is nothing on top of it and it is a clean area to prep for cooking. I cannot believe that it took me so long to take care of it in the first place. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but now that it's clean, I am dedicated to keeping it that way. Let me tell you, it is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I have done this with a lot of small space in my home and now when I come home from work, I don't see those piles anymore and it makes me smile.
My outlook has gotten so much brighter. I am so pumped to see what I can accomplish next. I feel rejuvenated and refreshed. This is my year!
I will admit that it can be a struggle and takes a lot of dedication, but I hope that my story will help you to feel that you can do the same. I want you to be happy and stress-free.
Till next time, and feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to hear your stories....Lisa
Not sure about you but I am so ready for Spring. Even though I really cannot complain because our winter has not been that bad, at least, not up until now. This month has been especially harsh. We have had two nor'easters in five days. People without power, not us fortunately, and those with downed trees either in their neighborhoods or their yards. I can tell you my son has been enjoying the unscheduled time off from school. He does not know it yet, but I'm sure he's going to be spending an extra day in school come June.
I have had Spring on my mind the past two months. Mostly because I have started my Spring cleaning already. I am ahead of schedule this year. I have become better at organizing my time and taking care of things as they happen and not putting them on the back-burner. That has hurt me in the past, no more. I want to be able to enjoy my evenings and my weekends. I am working really hard on being able to do that. So far, I have to say, it is working out pretty well. I am a lot less stressed because there is no clutter around. My mind is clearer and I can focus on the important issues that come up. It is really is true that the less "confused" your space is, the better you can think. I am finding that to be absolutely true!
Spring is so much like a rebirth. Not only in nature, which is beautiful in itself, but with yourself. I find that putting larger objects and issues in perspective and in smaller priorities, things can change for the better. I have hope and it's a kind of euphoria that I don't want to end. I am so satisfied with my progress that it is propelling me forward in ways I could not even imagine. If I were to tell you, you might laugh at me, but it really is the small things that matter the most.
For example, and I know I take a risk in even bringing this up because I know how silly it will sound, but, here goes. I have this small space on my counter in the kitchen that is above a single cabinet next to the stove. There has been a pile of "stuff" on it for quite awhile. I have been meaning to attack it and reminded myself every day. Well, you know how the story goes, I never kept getting to it. Finally, today, I got to it. Even had my son help because half of it was his. Believe it or not, it only took a half hour to get it cleaned off. Now, there is nothing on top of it and it is a clean area to prep for cooking. I cannot believe that it took me so long to take care of it in the first place. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but now that it's clean, I am dedicated to keeping it that way. Let me tell you, it is a huge weight off of my shoulders. I have done this with a lot of small space in my home and now when I come home from work, I don't see those piles anymore and it makes me smile.
My outlook has gotten so much brighter. I am so pumped to see what I can accomplish next. I feel rejuvenated and refreshed. This is my year!
I will admit that it can be a struggle and takes a lot of dedication, but I hope that my story will help you to feel that you can do the same. I want you to be happy and stress-free.
Till next time, and feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to hear your stories....Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment