Baseball Season is here!
Hello Everyone,
It has been awhile, I know. I have been rather busy lately. Seems I can't find time to do anything. Been working on getting my son ready for baseball season, which has finally started. He has been on pins and needles. As some of you may be aware, the children's baseball leagues have decided to change the bats this year. Whatever you had last year is not valid this year. All bats this year must have a USA Bat symbol on them. We managed to find one but it was hard considering most had already been sold by the time we made it to the store.
The weather had also not been cooperating. We had snow only a week and a half ago which messed up his practice day and also opening day. We only had Opening Day this past Friday and, let me tell you, it was COLD!! Thankfully, those that were giving speeches, were keeping them very brief. Unbeknownst to me, the Mayor of our town walked right past me. They had a parade in the local park complete with fire engine escorts, lights and horns blaring. It was fun for the kids, but really bad on the old folks joints, including mine.
We just got his uniform this past week. Last year, the team color was red. This year, it's blue. They have a cool emblem on the shirt and hat with a charging bull. Very nice! They are supposed to take team pictures this weekend. Unfortunately, we have to be there by 8:45am with a game following immediately after. No rest for the weary.
They had their first game this past Saturday. Turned out to be a nice day. The sun was out and not too windy. Last year when they played, it was coach pitched. This year, the kids get to do the pitching. You could see how tired they were getting. There was a lot of "take a base" from the umpire. A lot of runs walked in, but still a good game. And, they won! It was a great day.
We have another game tonight. Hoping for a good outcome. I just hope I can make it in time to see it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Till next time...Lisa
It has been awhile, I know. I have been rather busy lately. Seems I can't find time to do anything. Been working on getting my son ready for baseball season, which has finally started. He has been on pins and needles. As some of you may be aware, the children's baseball leagues have decided to change the bats this year. Whatever you had last year is not valid this year. All bats this year must have a USA Bat symbol on them. We managed to find one but it was hard considering most had already been sold by the time we made it to the store.
The weather had also not been cooperating. We had snow only a week and a half ago which messed up his practice day and also opening day. We only had Opening Day this past Friday and, let me tell you, it was COLD!! Thankfully, those that were giving speeches, were keeping them very brief. Unbeknownst to me, the Mayor of our town walked right past me. They had a parade in the local park complete with fire engine escorts, lights and horns blaring. It was fun for the kids, but really bad on the old folks joints, including mine.
We just got his uniform this past week. Last year, the team color was red. This year, it's blue. They have a cool emblem on the shirt and hat with a charging bull. Very nice! They are supposed to take team pictures this weekend. Unfortunately, we have to be there by 8:45am with a game following immediately after. No rest for the weary.
They had their first game this past Saturday. Turned out to be a nice day. The sun was out and not too windy. Last year when they played, it was coach pitched. This year, the kids get to do the pitching. You could see how tired they were getting. There was a lot of "take a base" from the umpire. A lot of runs walked in, but still a good game. And, they won! It was a great day.
We have another game tonight. Hoping for a good outcome. I just hope I can make it in time to see it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Till next time...Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment