Daily Journal - Day Twenty-Two
Hello Everyone,
I'm sorry it's been a few days. Needed some time to myself to unwind. It worked out well considering I had a three day weekend to kick it off. I hope all of you took advantage of the extra time.
I decided to do some work on my dining room windows. Turns out they hadn't been treated with polyurethane. I decided to do some light sanding to get them prepped and will be coating them this weekend. Just need to get the polyurethane and a couple brushes. It shouldn't take too long.
We've had some pretty depressing weather lately. All of the tropical storms and hurricanes down south are really taking a toll on us here in the northern part of the country. My son's baseball games have been cancelled a couple of times. They finally got a chance to make up one of the games tonite. It was damp and foggy but they were able to play through. Turns out the game was tied in the end.
I'm also still planning my son's birthday party this summer. I'm hoping that a lot of the kids respond positively. And, I hope the weather is nice that day since it's an outdoor party.
I had somewhat of an issue come up at work. It should not have even become one but here goes. One of the senior managers questioned me about my procedure and without going into too much detail, because he asked this over the phone and expected a point by point answer. I could not give him one and he didn't like it, apparently, because he went to my direct supervisor and complained. She then went into our V.P.'s office, behind closed doors, and complained to him. Next thing I know, I'm being called in and questioned about it. I gave my honest answer, which is the same one I gave previously. After that, my V.P. decided that I had a point and did not give me a hard time about how I did things. It was apparently more involved with other people than I thought in that everyone went behind my back to discuss this and assumed that I do not have a "procedure" that I followed. It is difficult to have a strict procedure in that in my job, I need to remain flexible for any circumstances that may arise. There is only one person who understands this. He just happens to be another manager who knows what I deal with daily. The only problem is, he works out of his home out of state. I'm just glad he has my back. After talking with him today, he is going to work with me to get this resolved so that everyone is happy and I can get back to what I was doing. It just drives me crazy because the person who started this all is big pain in my neck. I know he doesn't like or respect me and quite honestly, I can't stand him. I deal with him because I have to and that's it. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with him on a daily basis.
Anyway, thanks for listening to my rantings and I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
Till next time...Lisa
I'm sorry it's been a few days. Needed some time to myself to unwind. It worked out well considering I had a three day weekend to kick it off. I hope all of you took advantage of the extra time.
I decided to do some work on my dining room windows. Turns out they hadn't been treated with polyurethane. I decided to do some light sanding to get them prepped and will be coating them this weekend. Just need to get the polyurethane and a couple brushes. It shouldn't take too long.
We've had some pretty depressing weather lately. All of the tropical storms and hurricanes down south are really taking a toll on us here in the northern part of the country. My son's baseball games have been cancelled a couple of times. They finally got a chance to make up one of the games tonite. It was damp and foggy but they were able to play through. Turns out the game was tied in the end.
I'm also still planning my son's birthday party this summer. I'm hoping that a lot of the kids respond positively. And, I hope the weather is nice that day since it's an outdoor party.
I had somewhat of an issue come up at work. It should not have even become one but here goes. One of the senior managers questioned me about my procedure and without going into too much detail, because he asked this over the phone and expected a point by point answer. I could not give him one and he didn't like it, apparently, because he went to my direct supervisor and complained. She then went into our V.P.'s office, behind closed doors, and complained to him. Next thing I know, I'm being called in and questioned about it. I gave my honest answer, which is the same one I gave previously. After that, my V.P. decided that I had a point and did not give me a hard time about how I did things. It was apparently more involved with other people than I thought in that everyone went behind my back to discuss this and assumed that I do not have a "procedure" that I followed. It is difficult to have a strict procedure in that in my job, I need to remain flexible for any circumstances that may arise. There is only one person who understands this. He just happens to be another manager who knows what I deal with daily. The only problem is, he works out of his home out of state. I'm just glad he has my back. After talking with him today, he is going to work with me to get this resolved so that everyone is happy and I can get back to what I was doing. It just drives me crazy because the person who started this all is big pain in my neck. I know he doesn't like or respect me and quite honestly, I can't stand him. I deal with him because I have to and that's it. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with him on a daily basis.
Anyway, thanks for listening to my rantings and I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
Till next time...Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment