Talking It Out

Hello Everyone,

Thought I would take to typing tonite as I just watched a video about not stressing about the little things, enjoying life to the fullest and getting over being angry at really anyone in your life because life is too short.  I get that...but I would like to pose a question and please, feel free to answer because I'd really like to know.

My question is, how do you do that when the other person you live with does nothing but make you feel inadequate, doesn't help you and has a gripe about everything you do?    My job is not fulfilling.  I don't consider it a career anymore, it's just a job that brings in a paycheck.

The only real bright spot is my son.  I would do anything for him and do my best to keep him safe and well provided for.  He is a smart little boy, friendly and outgoing and cute as anything.  I know I'm going to have trouble when he goes to high school as I will have to beat the girls off with a stick! I have a few more years before that happens, but I'm still not looking forward to it.  He's the reason I get up in the morning, go to work and try to spend as much quality time with him as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a weak-minded person.  I consider myself to be very strong and confident in my emotions.  I'm just tired of fighting all the time and having to defend myself verbally, although I must admit I'm pretty good at it.  But it's not something I want to do everyday.  Most of the time, I do my best to avoid it or ignore it altogether.  Sometimes, it's just not that easy.

So yeah, I do my best to not stress about the little things, enjoy life and for the most part I'm not angry at anyone.  I maintain a positive but realistic point of view in my daily life.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I like to think that by sending out this message, I am not only cleaning out the clutter in my home, but in my mind.  This helps to do that.
Thanks for reading.  Take care and be well.

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts