Procrastination

I am so guilty of it.  It's not an easy thing to admit, but I know that you understand.  That being said, I have come up with little ways to get around it.  I have come to realize that it is a big time-waster and keeps me from doing the things that I really want to.  Having a plan to overcome it has almost become a part-time job.  That is why I had started a to-do list as one of the ways to help me prioritize the larger tasks.





But what about all those tedious chores that must be done each day.  You know, like taking care of the mail, having a dinner plan when you get home, doing the dishes or checking your child's homework or backpack.   I am one of those who puts some of these things off just because I don't like doing them.

For example, I would put the mail aside for the entire week and then try to sort it out over the weekend, often times, missing something important.  Now, I tackle it right then.  If it is important, I deal with it right then or make a plan to take care of it the next day.  As for junk mail, it gets shredded right then as well.  Which also brings up a good point.  Don't just throw away those unwanted solicitations that have your name and acceptance codes on them; shred them.
 Keep your identity safe.

As far as dealing with my child's homework, thankfully, he gets it done in aftercare, and I only need to check it when he gets home.  If this is an option for your child, take advantage of it as it is a great way to see how your child does on his/her own without your help.  Dinner can be daunting task for anyone, believe me, I know.  I struggle with it weekly.  But, I start by having a list prepared at the beginning of the week, shop for what I need and stick to that meal plan.  It saves me from the headache of having to figure out what to eat when we get home.  Clearing the kitchen is also a good idea now because I don't have to look at it the next morning and the counters are clear so I can prepare for work and school.

It has not been an easy road to get here but I am continually working on it and believe me when I tell you that it makes a world of difference.  My mind is less pre-occupied with the things that should be done and more focused on the things that need to be done right in that moment.  These are just some of the things that used to get under my skin and now are minor chores that can be completed in a matter of minutes and allow me to concentrate on larger issues.  I hope that this has been a help to you as it has been to me.  If you have any tips that you would like to share, please let me know.

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts