The Great Outdoors
Hello Everyone,
We're getting close! Spring is coming and like I've said before, I'm so ready for it. I'm ready to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, feel the grass under my feet and play. It feels like this winter is just holding on too long.
Baseball will be starting soon and my son will be going to practices and playing games. He can hardly wait and neither can I. Take me out to the ball game...
All that excitement aside, I know I've been talking a lot about renovating inside the home, but there is a lot to do outside as well. Keeping up general maintenance is important and so is aesthetics. It gives you a sense of pride when the outside of your home looks just as nice as the inside.
I like to go around the flower beds and clean out all the dead leaves and allow the new plants to come in unhindered. Loosening up the soil is also a good idea. I like to take the rake and move things around, let the earth breathe. Sometimes I find that pulling weeds is very therapeutic, it helps to clear the mind because it's not something you have to think about. Plus, it's great exercise. Putting in new flowers and mixing things up by moving some around draws interest and keeps your home looking fresh and exciting.
I have an enormous lilac bush in the backyard that I can't wait to start blooming. The scent is intoxicating. Our tulips should be starting to break ground soon.
Don't forget to have as much fun outside decorating as you do inside. There are so many things you can do. Start a garden. Plant some new flowers or a tree. Repaint your door or porch. Add a welcoming wreath to your front door. Put down a new welcome mat. The possibilities are endless and well worth the effort.
Stay active and creative!
Till next time...Lisa
We're getting close! Spring is coming and like I've said before, I'm so ready for it. I'm ready to go outside and enjoy the sunshine, feel the grass under my feet and play. It feels like this winter is just holding on too long.
Baseball will be starting soon and my son will be going to practices and playing games. He can hardly wait and neither can I. Take me out to the ball game...
All that excitement aside, I know I've been talking a lot about renovating inside the home, but there is a lot to do outside as well. Keeping up general maintenance is important and so is aesthetics. It gives you a sense of pride when the outside of your home looks just as nice as the inside.
I like to go around the flower beds and clean out all the dead leaves and allow the new plants to come in unhindered. Loosening up the soil is also a good idea. I like to take the rake and move things around, let the earth breathe. Sometimes I find that pulling weeds is very therapeutic, it helps to clear the mind because it's not something you have to think about. Plus, it's great exercise. Putting in new flowers and mixing things up by moving some around draws interest and keeps your home looking fresh and exciting.
I have an enormous lilac bush in the backyard that I can't wait to start blooming. The scent is intoxicating. Our tulips should be starting to break ground soon.
Don't forget to have as much fun outside decorating as you do inside. There are so many things you can do. Start a garden. Plant some new flowers or a tree. Repaint your door or porch. Add a welcoming wreath to your front door. Put down a new welcome mat. The possibilities are endless and well worth the effort.
Stay active and creative!
Till next time...Lisa

Comments
Post a Comment