Fan of Soap Operas?

Hello Everyone,

I don't know about you but I am a big fan of The Young & The Restless.  I have been watching for a long time as I am sure some of you are too.  I would be willing to bet that your mothers and grandmothers are still watching today.  I like the way they incorporate modern moral dilemmas and everyday emotional, mental and physical challenges found in everyday lives of ordinary people.  Sometimes it is to the extreme but they cover all aspects of that difficult moment.  Lives are intertwined in different ways and life becomes very complicated on a soap opera but it is exciting to watch.  It makes you think about things in different ways.  That is why I tune in every day.

I also like it for another reason.  Have you ever noticed the decor in many of the scenes or "sets".  They are modern looking and fresh and designed according to the characters.  It is very well done.  I have tuned in to other soap operas and, quite honestly, theirs just don't seem to match up.  They don't feel true to life or do not express a feeling.  Without that, you don't get that sense of realness or being fully invested in the show.

They have many story lines and all are captivating and interesting.  There has not been a dull moment yet.  I look forward to it.  It is also great in that it inspires conversation about the ethical dilemmas and what you think will happen next...maybe what you hope will happen next. 

If you haven't already, give it a shot.  Pay attention not only to the story and the characters but also that pieces that don't "speak", like the background.  It actually speaks volumes about the characters and how they live.  I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.  I have entered a link under my Favorite Links so you can access it easily.  If you would like to discuss it, I would be more than happy to start a dialog with you.  It is my favorite show on television.

Enjoy!

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts