My Own Pace
Hello Everyone,
I know it's been a few days. I have not been myself with not feeling well. As you know, cold and flu season is upon us and what a doozy it is. I hope that all of you are faring better. I am doing better but am still working on clearing it all up. Wish me luck!
One thing I have come to realize is, that although everyone seems to be racing towards some sort of goal, I have managed to set my own pace. For example, I find myself not rushing to get to work. I don't purposely set out to make myself late, that's not what I mean. I give myself plenty of time. I'm just not in the habit of cutting people off just to get in front of them. I see it all the time. It's pretty rude, if you ask me.
Trying to savor the moment is what I'm getting at. Time seems to be flying by and I am just trying to slow it down. I have been taking my time with getting projects done. Being careful and making sure I'm doing things right and how I want them to look when done. Racing through it just to get it done just doesn't feel right. I know that sounds like procrastination, but truly, it is not. I just don't like doing things twice. I'm sure most of you feel the same way.
The most important part of my slowing things down has to do with spending time with my family. It seems to come and go so quickly. I am treasuring every moment, good or bad. Whether it be teaching my son something new or just having fun and playing a board game. He loves board games. We played "Sorry" the other day. He won, fair and square. I know sometimes he thinks I let him win, but honestly, he is way luckier than me. Moments like these, I enjoy the most.
The old adage is true..."Take time to stop and smell the roses". If you don't, they are likely not to come back. I hope you will take a moment each day and savor it.
Till next time....Lisa
I know it's been a few days. I have not been myself with not feeling well. As you know, cold and flu season is upon us and what a doozy it is. I hope that all of you are faring better. I am doing better but am still working on clearing it all up. Wish me luck!
One thing I have come to realize is, that although everyone seems to be racing towards some sort of goal, I have managed to set my own pace. For example, I find myself not rushing to get to work. I don't purposely set out to make myself late, that's not what I mean. I give myself plenty of time. I'm just not in the habit of cutting people off just to get in front of them. I see it all the time. It's pretty rude, if you ask me.
Trying to savor the moment is what I'm getting at. Time seems to be flying by and I am just trying to slow it down. I have been taking my time with getting projects done. Being careful and making sure I'm doing things right and how I want them to look when done. Racing through it just to get it done just doesn't feel right. I know that sounds like procrastination, but truly, it is not. I just don't like doing things twice. I'm sure most of you feel the same way.
The most important part of my slowing things down has to do with spending time with my family. It seems to come and go so quickly. I am treasuring every moment, good or bad. Whether it be teaching my son something new or just having fun and playing a board game. He loves board games. We played "Sorry" the other day. He won, fair and square. I know sometimes he thinks I let him win, but honestly, he is way luckier than me. Moments like these, I enjoy the most.
The old adage is true..."Take time to stop and smell the roses". If you don't, they are likely not to come back. I hope you will take a moment each day and savor it.
Till next time....Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment