Daily Journal - Day Twenty
Hello Everyone,
How was your day? Mine wasn't too bad. Had to drop my son off to school a little late this morning. One thing I knew about but hadn't seen it for myself until today was the fact they have security guards now. It took me by surprise. The school had sent out notices awhile back that they would be implementing this new procedure. I just had forgotten about it because I never had to deal with it before. Your first step is to be buzzed in which I already knew about. You then entire a foyer. All of a sudden, a gentleman came out asked me if I was dropping off. I said, yes, of course and he had me sign him in and I sent him on his way. Not that I needed to enter fully into the school, but I could see that I was not going to get in anyway. It was okay because I needed to get to work. I think it is a good system and I am glad they have it.
I am comforted in knowing that the school administration is dedicated to keeping our children safe. It may not be necessary because we live in a decent neighborhood, but I am glad that we have it. Part of me is sad that we need something like this in today's schools but considering what is going in our country, it is becoming a requirement.
I asked my son later when I picked him up if he knew the gentleman who escorted him inside. He knew his name and was familiar with him. It occurs to me that any and all security guards were introduced to the children from the beginning so they knew who to go to or contact in any case of trouble.
I am appreciative of their service and pride they take in keeping our children safe.
Take care and Good Night.
Till next time...Lisa
How was your day? Mine wasn't too bad. Had to drop my son off to school a little late this morning. One thing I knew about but hadn't seen it for myself until today was the fact they have security guards now. It took me by surprise. The school had sent out notices awhile back that they would be implementing this new procedure. I just had forgotten about it because I never had to deal with it before. Your first step is to be buzzed in which I already knew about. You then entire a foyer. All of a sudden, a gentleman came out asked me if I was dropping off. I said, yes, of course and he had me sign him in and I sent him on his way. Not that I needed to enter fully into the school, but I could see that I was not going to get in anyway. It was okay because I needed to get to work. I think it is a good system and I am glad they have it.
I am comforted in knowing that the school administration is dedicated to keeping our children safe. It may not be necessary because we live in a decent neighborhood, but I am glad that we have it. Part of me is sad that we need something like this in today's schools but considering what is going in our country, it is becoming a requirement.
I asked my son later when I picked him up if he knew the gentleman who escorted him inside. He knew his name and was familiar with him. It occurs to me that any and all security guards were introduced to the children from the beginning so they knew who to go to or contact in any case of trouble.
I am appreciative of their service and pride they take in keeping our children safe.
Take care and Good Night.
Till next time...Lisa

Comments
Post a Comment