Journal - Day Twenty-Five
Hello Everyone,
I was just talking with my son a little while ago. He had some troubles he wanted to let me know about. The most important being that he is concerned about going to the next grade. He's afraid he is not smart enough to continue. I told him that was not true. He is a smart little boy who just needs to work on his confidence. And I told him that comes with practice. I asked him if he ever heard the phrase, "Practice Makes Perfect". He said he did, but I'm not sure he knew what was meant by it. So, I gave him an example. I asked him to remember when we out into the backyard to help him with his catching. He needed the help for baseball. I reminded him of how he did not start off well but as we kept doing it, his catching improved. It was the same when he brought home homework from school. I explained to him that the teacher would show him something new and it was up to him to come home and practice. He now understands what the phrase means. I let him know that the more he does something, anything really, then the better he will become at it.
Talking to him made me realize that I need to keep at it as well with my website, www.GoldBrickDecor.com and not give up on it so easily. If I did give up, it would not be a good example for him. So, for his sake and mine, I will continue on and persevere.
I hope you will continue this journey with me.
Till next time...Lisa
I was just talking with my son a little while ago. He had some troubles he wanted to let me know about. The most important being that he is concerned about going to the next grade. He's afraid he is not smart enough to continue. I told him that was not true. He is a smart little boy who just needs to work on his confidence. And I told him that comes with practice. I asked him if he ever heard the phrase, "Practice Makes Perfect". He said he did, but I'm not sure he knew what was meant by it. So, I gave him an example. I asked him to remember when we out into the backyard to help him with his catching. He needed the help for baseball. I reminded him of how he did not start off well but as we kept doing it, his catching improved. It was the same when he brought home homework from school. I explained to him that the teacher would show him something new and it was up to him to come home and practice. He now understands what the phrase means. I let him know that the more he does something, anything really, then the better he will become at it.
Talking to him made me realize that I need to keep at it as well with my website, www.GoldBrickDecor.com and not give up on it so easily. If I did give up, it would not be a good example for him. So, for his sake and mine, I will continue on and persevere.
I hope you will continue this journey with me.
Till next time...Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment