My Hallway-Part 1
Hello Everyone,
As promised, I'm keeping you up to date on my progress, as slow as it is. Let me tell you what I've done so far.
It's not a major stride but one that has taken too long. There was small piece of sheet rock that was missing in a corner by the stairs. This piece measured about four inches high by two inches wide. I was finally able to acquire a piece big enough to fill it in. It just so happened that someone I knew finished a recent home project and I asked if he had any small pieces of sheet rock I could have. Fortunately for me, he did. Before I could cut it to size, I needed to trace the shape of the missing piece. I took a piece of paper, put it against the hole and drew around it with a marker. I drew outside of the edge a bit to give myself some room to shave off some excess. I put my sketch onto the piece of sheet rock and proceeded to cut out my shape. From that smaller piece, I measured it against the size of the hole. I didn't have to shave off much and was able to fit the piece in perfectly.
The only problem next was in figuring out how to get the piece to stay in without falling out. You see, I cannot fit a screwdriver in there to attach it to the wall. There was not enough space for it to fit and I could not screw it in sideways. The screw head would stick out and I would not be able to hide it with spackle. So instead, I used caulk. I put some caulk around three of the sides to keep it in place. I am now waiting for it to dry. Here is what it looks like filled in:
Once dry, I will spackle and smooth out the rough lines. Stay tuned for next steps.
Till next time...Lisa
As promised, I'm keeping you up to date on my progress, as slow as it is. Let me tell you what I've done so far.
It's not a major stride but one that has taken too long. There was small piece of sheet rock that was missing in a corner by the stairs. This piece measured about four inches high by two inches wide. I was finally able to acquire a piece big enough to fill it in. It just so happened that someone I knew finished a recent home project and I asked if he had any small pieces of sheet rock I could have. Fortunately for me, he did. Before I could cut it to size, I needed to trace the shape of the missing piece. I took a piece of paper, put it against the hole and drew around it with a marker. I drew outside of the edge a bit to give myself some room to shave off some excess. I put my sketch onto the piece of sheet rock and proceeded to cut out my shape. From that smaller piece, I measured it against the size of the hole. I didn't have to shave off much and was able to fit the piece in perfectly.
The only problem next was in figuring out how to get the piece to stay in without falling out. You see, I cannot fit a screwdriver in there to attach it to the wall. There was not enough space for it to fit and I could not screw it in sideways. The screw head would stick out and I would not be able to hide it with spackle. So instead, I used caulk. I put some caulk around three of the sides to keep it in place. I am now waiting for it to dry. Here is what it looks like filled in:
Once dry, I will spackle and smooth out the rough lines. Stay tuned for next steps.
Till next time...Lisa

Comments
Post a Comment