Daily Journey

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to try and change things up a bit.  I'm going to be writing every day from now on.  It may just be my thoughts or what I have done that day and reflect on it.  May also be that I want to share what I have accomplished.  Who knows.  Consider it potluck. 

Like today, for example...I went to work like usual and it was your typical day.  Sit at a desk and complete the tasks at hand.  Nothing special. 

One new thing is that I have decided to put myself on a diet.  It may be long in coming but I feel it is necessary if I want to fit into my Summer wardrobe.  I need to lose at least five pounds, but ten would be ideal.  I only just started but I'm off to a good start.  The only thing I have really changed is the kind of lunch I have.  I used to have a sandwich but now I have switched to yogurt and two pieces of fruit.  For a mid-afternoon snack, I have decided to go with a fruit bar.  Worked out pretty well today, we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

This past weekend, I did make a couple small changes in my family room.  I bought new curtains to cover our sliding glass doors, which looks so much better than the vertical blinds that used to be there.  I attached ring clips to them so they would slide easily back and forth across the rod.  It looks great and they are sheer enough to let in some sunlight but not too sheer to maintain privacy.  We also have a set of double windows next to it.  They have accordion shades on them, but I also had lace curtains.  I decided to get rid of the lace curtains and just leave the shades.  They were old-fashioned and did nothing to enhance the look of the new curtains.  I kept the rods and hardware just in case I change my mind and decide to put something else up there.

I am also trying to promote my website, www.GoldBrickDecor.com.  If you have time, please stop by and take a look.  I'm always interested in comments or suggestions.  Or, if inclined feel free to purchase something or tell your friends and family.

Please continue with me on this daily journey, having company along the way makes it so much more interesting.

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts