Daily Journal - Day Three

Hello Everyone,

I know you are probably wondering what happened yesterday.  Well, I'll tell you.  It started out like an ordinary day.  The weather was nice and we were all in an upbeat mood.  My son went off to school and we both went to work.  I had a normal typical workday.

My son had a baseball game, so we went.  On my way there, I could see that clouds were starting to form but didn't think too much of it since our forecast predicted that we wouldn't see anything until much later in the evening.  The first inning started off really well as our team was up first and happened to score four runs right away.  The other team went up and our guys struck them out pretty quickly.  As our team was getting ready to start the second inning, the wind all of a sudden kicked up and started swirling.  Two seconds later, it started to downpour.  Everyone ran for cover in the safety of their cars.  We tried to wait it out but eventually the game was called on account of rain.  We will, of course, get to try again.

So, we went home, dried off and had some dinner.  Later that evening, as we settled down to relax, the power went out.  I usually take that time to write on my blog.  Never got the chance.  I right away contacted the power company.  Half of our block was without power.  It didn't come back on until later the next morning.  Just in time for us to get ready for school and work, thankfully.  It was quite warm when we went to sleep, but since we were able to open the windows, the outside air had cooled somewhat and we were quite comfortable.

Since I had to go to work again today, I was not able to write until this evening.  A little excitement last night, but nothing we couldn't get through.  The only other good thing about going to work on Friday is that it's a casual day.  It's a lot less formal and more comfortable.  I think I'm doing pretty well on my diet.  It's been a week and I'm feeling pretty good.  My clothes don't feel quite as tight as they did.  I think I'm on the right track.

I always say I'm going to try and get a lot accomplished over the weekend.  We'll see how it goes.  I hope yours goes well and as usual, I will keep you up to date.

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts