Daily Journal - Day Five
Hello Everyone,
I hope your Sunday was nice and relaxing.
Mine kind of started that way. I woke up and had my breakfast and coffee without any interruptions, which is unusual and nice. We took care of the grocery shopping and that was pretty much uneventful. We had to wait on line for a little bit but not too bad. After that my son went to a birthday party on a farm. It was great because there were a lot of other children there and it was held outside where all of them could run around to their heart's content. It was a lego themed party complete with a lego cake. I had a piece and it was very good. It was a good time for everyone. I had the chance to set up some possible play dates for the summer. I know he will be looking forward to that.
Afterwards, we came home and had some dinner. We played video games for awhile, which I know he likes to do. I let him know that after awhile, he needed to turn it off so he could get ready for bed.
He always fights me on that. I don't blame him, I didn't like it either when I was younger. It just gets old after awhile. He gets upset with me and we fight. I told my husband about it and, honestly, I think that made it worse. He gives him a set time that he wants him in bed by and realistically, I know it's not going to happen.
Here's where the negotiator in me comes out. After it's been said and things have somewhat calmed down, I find out they really haven't. I end up having a "before bed" chat with him. I need to come up with a plan that will make everyone happy. The bedtime will most likely remain, however, what will happen before then is up for negotiation. It all depends on what homework there is and how quickly he finishes with dinner. He likes to fool around during that as well. It's frustrating as probably most of you know. This must be a part of parenting that no one prepare you for. I am one of those who has to wear many hats during my day and I know that sometimes, I put on the wrong one. I'm not perfect but I do my best every day.
I hope that you all have a great week! I will try I can tell you that.
Till next time...Lisa
I hope your Sunday was nice and relaxing.
Mine kind of started that way. I woke up and had my breakfast and coffee without any interruptions, which is unusual and nice. We took care of the grocery shopping and that was pretty much uneventful. We had to wait on line for a little bit but not too bad. After that my son went to a birthday party on a farm. It was great because there were a lot of other children there and it was held outside where all of them could run around to their heart's content. It was a lego themed party complete with a lego cake. I had a piece and it was very good. It was a good time for everyone. I had the chance to set up some possible play dates for the summer. I know he will be looking forward to that.
Afterwards, we came home and had some dinner. We played video games for awhile, which I know he likes to do. I let him know that after awhile, he needed to turn it off so he could get ready for bed.
He always fights me on that. I don't blame him, I didn't like it either when I was younger. It just gets old after awhile. He gets upset with me and we fight. I told my husband about it and, honestly, I think that made it worse. He gives him a set time that he wants him in bed by and realistically, I know it's not going to happen.
Here's where the negotiator in me comes out. After it's been said and things have somewhat calmed down, I find out they really haven't. I end up having a "before bed" chat with him. I need to come up with a plan that will make everyone happy. The bedtime will most likely remain, however, what will happen before then is up for negotiation. It all depends on what homework there is and how quickly he finishes with dinner. He likes to fool around during that as well. It's frustrating as probably most of you know. This must be a part of parenting that no one prepare you for. I am one of those who has to wear many hats during my day and I know that sometimes, I put on the wrong one. I'm not perfect but I do my best every day.
I hope that you all have a great week! I will try I can tell you that.
Till next time...Lisa
Comments
Post a Comment