Daily Journal - Day Six

Hello Everyone,

How was your Monday?  Mine are typical in that most times I am late to work.  Today, however, I was right on time.  Fortunate I guess so that I didn't have to see my supervisor's face wrinkle up.  Not a pretty sight.

Anyway, I thought things were going pretty well with my son this evening.  We had dinner and he did his homework.  I let him play video games and it was fine.  Afterwards, while I was watching TV, he went to go play on his computer.  I did not realize it, but he had left the office and went down into our family room.  He did not answer when I called him.  When he did, I realized he was not where I thought he was.  He somehow took this as me yelling at him.  He is now mad at me.  There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to make him feel better.  I did not yell at him but he feels like I did.  I'm hoping he will sleep it off and forget about it.  Hoping....  Probably not the best solution, but it is really too late for me to do anything else about it. 

My husband decided to plant the bushes he bought at Lowe's.  It looks okay so far with the red mulch.  Hopefully, these new bushes will fill in nicely and that he takes care of them like he told me he would.  He bought some ground cover with little pink and purple flowers for the bottom tier.  It'll be nice if it takes.

The funny thing is, my son just got out of bed to tell me his finger hurt.  He showed me a very tiny cut near the fingernail.  I told him, if he wanted, I could put a band-aid on it.  He actually let me do it.  He says he is still mad at me, but I don't believe him anymore in that he sort of smiled at me when he said it.  Between you and me, I don't really think he's upset anymore.  Maybe we'll have a better evening tomorrow.

Till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts