Daily Journal - Day Fourteen

Hello Everyone,

How was your Tuesday?  Mine started off good and then got really hectic.  We had our visitors arrive at work and that was fine.  The hectic part came in when the airlines decided to start cancelling flights.  You see, we had a severe storm on the way and rather than wait to find out what happens, the airline took matters into their own hands.  I had to request refunds and and start booking new flights.  Fortunately, we work through a travel agency that is able to help with all of that.  All I had to do was call, tell them what I wanted and they took care of the rest.  I managed to get it all done before our guests left for the airport.  Talk about cutting it close!

I also found out today that my supervisor is going to be out for the remainder of the week on vacation.  Yay!!  That is kind of like a vacation in itself.  Our company is also hosting an outdoor barbecue this Friday.  I can't wait.  In previous years, we were able to leave early, so I'm hoping for the same outcome.  It's a nice way to start the weekend. 

As mentioned earlier, we did have a pretty strong storm come through here.  It was strange in that it was sunny all day and in a matter of minutes, the sky turned very dark.  The wind picked up, followed by lightning, thunder and torrential rain.  It was quick though.  I can still hear rumblings in the distance, but I think the worst is over.

We were supposed to go out to dinner tonite, but with the weather the way it was, we decided not to chance it.  We will most likely go out a different night.  I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Have a good day tomorrow and till next time...Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts